This is a sleeping platform build that allows you to have easy access to the spare wheel compartment as well as ability to keep trunk part of the platform when rear seats are up.
Note: The following measurements are how the platform in the video is set up. There is without a doubt room for improvement to make the legs and support more symmetrical to the plywood as well more sturdy.
You will need:
- 3/4 plywood cut into 3 pieces:
40″x 8″ Headboard
40″x 30″ Middle Part
40″ x 33″ Trunk Part
- 2x 0.6″ x 5.6′ boards cut 25″ for Trunk Part leg supports
- 1x 1″ x 8″ board cut 40″ Middle Part front “legs”
- All other legs and some supports are 1.6″ x 1.6″ lumber
Below are the cuts that were used in the video of 1.6″ x 1.6″ lumber:
2x cut 40″ support beams
2x cut 19″ back legs
2x cut 25.6″ support for front 1″x 8″ leg and said 19″ two back legs
1x cut 16″ support between two 19″ back legs. Measure your leg distance before cutting this piece for best fit.Trunk Part:
1x cut 46.6″ this is the long beam that 2 rear support legs attach to and allow spare tire compartment to open
1x cut 20″ front legs support
2x cut 8.6″ rear legs
2x cut 13″ front legs
- 2x hinges to allow headboard to fold
- 2x clasps to allow Middle and Trunk plywood stay connected when set up
Note: Additional support parts/accessories may be required. Judge it by yourself once it is constructed. Cheers!